- To coordinate, promote, and expand cultural programs for the City of Philadelphia and the Parks and Recreation Department
- To provide cultural activity in which youth and adults of various backgrounds and interests can positively interact through creative expression
- To provide children, teens, and adults the opportunity to perform before an audience
- To implement cultural programs for children and teens that develop performing arts skills, promote creative social interaction, and instill a sense of pride & accomplishment in the participants.
- Inspire and encourage creative self-expression and build self-esteem within children and teens
- Provide youth individual and collaborative hands-on experiences in all aspects of performing arts.
- To enhance the cultural experiences and aid in the development of new cultural programs for the city of Philadelphia.
- To cultivate a deeper appreciation of the performing arts within all participants and spectators
The Performing Arts teach children and young adults the skills they need to grow, learn, and succeed